In today’s blog, we will learn what is the low testosterone, what are the symptoms, causes, treatment, prevention, and home remedies of a low testosterone treatment clinic in Chula Vista.
What is Low testosterone hormone
It is a steroid hormone. Testosterone is produced by the body of both men and women, which is produced in the testes of men and the ovaries of women. Testosterone plays an important role in puberty and fertility.
Testosterone levels are found to be higher in men than in women. It is said that testosterone affects the development of male gender characteristics. It also helps in increasing bone mass, physical strength and body hair volume.
The level of testosterone in the body varies continuously according to the needs of the body. But testosterone deficiency is most commonly seen in men 30 years and older. Testosterone deficiency can cause harmful effects in some men.
What is testosterone deficiency
Testosterone deficiency is also known as hypogonadism. When testosterone levels in human body blood are less than 300 nanograms per dl (ng / dL), testosterone is deficient.
In adults who are male, problems related to low testosterone deficiency can be seen more clearly. But testosterone reduction is not limited to adult men.
Testosterone deficiency is also seen in women, and in this condition women may experience fewer symptoms than those of adult men.
According to the Health Survey, the normal range of testosterone is usually 300 to 1,000 ng / dL. A blood test known as serum testosterone test is used to determine testosterone levels.
Symptoms of low testosterone
- Low testosterone is a sign of decreased sex drive
- Difficulty in an erection
- Doctors believe that low testosterone levels can cause a decrease in the memory of the person concerned.
- Low testosterone levels in the body can cause small testicles.
- Low amount of semen due to low testosterone
- Hair fall
- Muscle loss
- Bone mass reduction
- Change in mood
Causes of low testosterone
- Delayed puberty
- Testicular damage due to injury, alcohol or mumps
- Hypothalamic disease
- Pituitary disease
- Cancer-free pituitary tumors, etc.
Genetic diseases can also cause testosterone deficiency, such as –
- Klinefelter syndrome
- Kallmann syndrome
- Myotonic dystrophy, etc.
- Low testosterone risk factors
This problem can occur in diabetics
- Thyroid problems
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Excessive smoking
- Excessive use of alcohol
- Worry, etc.
Testosterone deficiency test
- Testosterone test
- Testosterone replacement therapy
- Testosterone deficiency prevention
Some measures can be adopted to avoid this problem, such as –
- Keep obesity and weight under control
- Avoid smoking
- Get enough sleep
- Abstain from drug use
- Focus on your health and yoga
- reduce stress
- Eat caffeine and creatine monohydrate supplements
- Eat enough protein and carbs, etc.
If you notice any symptoms of testosterone deficiency, such as difficulty in erection, hair loss, fatigue, muscle loss, etc., contact a low testosterone treatment clinic in Chula vista immediately and get examined.